by admin | March 9, 2011 12:53 pm
The Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion respects all individuals’ right to privacy.
- BACI will follow the laws in British Columbia and Canada to keep personal information safe and protected.
- Personal information given to BACI by a stakeholder will only be used in ways that the stakeholder approves of.
What is personal information? Personal information is information such as your:
- Phone number
- Medical reports
- Any other private reports that identify who you are
Personal information can be given, used, and shared in ways such as:
- Through a computer
People can give BACI their okay to collect, keep, use, or share personal information in writing or by speaking to BACI staff.
Who owns and controls personal information?
- Personal information belongs to each person.
- Adults have the power to make the decisions about how their personal information is collected, used, and shared with others.
- Sometimes, a family member or advocate of an adult has the power by law to make decisions about the person’s personal information.
- Children’s parents or legal guardians have the power to make the decisions about how their personal information is collected, used, and shared with others.
- The information that BACI has about a person will not be shared without that person’s or guardian’s approval.
What rights do I have with my personal information?
- People have the right to look at or check their personal information at any time to make sure it is correct.
- People can ask that information be changed if they believe the information is wrong.
- People have the right to take away BACI’s permission to use their personal information, and BACI will stop right away.
- BACI will clearly tell the stakeholder what the possible results would be for taking away their consent.
How does BACI use personal information?
- BACI will inform all stakeholders about how it will use personal information before or when the person gives the information to us.
- BACI will not use personal information for other reasons without asking for the person’s okay unless required by law, or if there was a large concern about the person’s health and safety.
How will my personal information be protected?
BACI will protect personal information in ways such as:
- Locked cabinets
- Password codes to computers
- Confidentiality statements signed by all BACI staff
- Putting files away as soon as they are finished being used
BACI has a Privacy Officer who makes sure all the British Columbia and Canada laws and BACI policies about keeping personal information safe and protected are followed.
If you have a question or concern or want to make a complaint about how personal information is collected, kept, used, or shared, please contact BACI’s Privacy Officer:
Tanya Sather, Executive Director
For more information on BACI’s Privacy Policies, see:
8.1 Privacy Protection for Individuals
8.3 Privacy Protection for Employees
- 8.1 Privacy Protection for Individuals: http://gobaci.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/8.1-Privacy-Protection-for-Individuals-16.pdf
- 8.3 Privacy Protection for Employees: http://gobaci.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/8.3-Privacy-Protection-for-Employees-16.pdf
Source URL: http://gobaci.com/more-info/privacy-policy/