BACI is a proud member of Imagine Canada — working for the greater good of Canadian communities.
Who are Imagine Canada Members?
Imagine Canada members are Canadian charities and nonprofits working for the greater good of Canadian communities and communities around the world. Our members support the work and vision of Imagine Canada and receive benefits in the areas of Engagement and Networking, Education and Resources, Discounts, and Recognition. To see a list of Imagine Canada’s members please click here.
There are three categories of membership with Imagine Canada:
- Members are Canadian charities and nonprofits that support Imagine Canada’s work and vision and seek to engage members of the sector.
- Sector Champions are often Canada’s largest charities and nonprofits, with a national scope, that have taken on leadership roles in the sector. This is an optional membership category.
- Sector Affiliates support the work of the sector and are made up of government agencies, consultants, individuals, and international supporters.
To be eligible for membership organizations must meet the following criteria:
- An organization must be a self-governing body of persons who have joined together voluntarily to take action for the benefit of the community and established themselves for purposes other than for financial gain for themselves or their members. The organization must be based in Canada.
- All registered charities are eligible.
- Those that are not a registered charity may join if the aims, objectives and methods of working are set out in a public document. The organizations that are not a registered charity must be open to all members of the community with interests relevant to the organization’s publicly stated aims. The mission and goals of the organization must be aligned with the spirit and goals of the broader charitable and nonprofit sector.
- Organizations must be properly constituted and their existence should not be time limited for a particular purpose.
- Organizations undertaking and/or affiliated to political party activity would not be eligible.
- Organizations that are for-profit businesses would not be eligible.
Imagine Canada’s Board of Directors reserve the right to refuse membership to any organization it believes to be ineligible. Imagine Canada has the right to ask an organization for information about their financial situation and length of operation. The decision of the Board of Directors is final.