Learning how to focus on our emotional self is an important part of our overall wellness that we often overlook.
Emotional wellness involves achieving positive self-esteem, satisfying relationships, stress reduction, relaxation, and an ability to effectively meet life’s challenges.
I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character! – Theodore Roosevelt
Take 20 minutes a day for some relaxation and to focus on a positive attitude. Some ideas for activities to increase our emotional wellness:
- Listen to music
- Take time for yourself
- Take a break during your work day
- Take a bubble bath
- Find a piece of art that you love and place it where you can enjoy it the most
- Savour a sunset
- Read a book on humour
- Read a self-improvement book
- Express only positive comments for a whole day
- Read a book about health and wellness
- Watch the sun rise
- Start or continue keeping a journal
- Have fun learning about yourself: the web sites www.ivillage.com and www.emode.com have fun quirky quizzes that you will enjoy.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups
- Maintain your emotional health
- Coping with Stress
- Relaxation Techniques