How to Access Services
by admin | June 22, 2011 12:32 pm
If you are currently living in Burnaby, BC, and your baby needs a little bit of extra help (and is under 3 years of age), please call 604.299.7851 and ask to speak to an Infant Development Consultant.
If you live outside of Burnaby, BC, you may access services here.
If you are a professional working with infants in Burnaby, BC, please fill out our Referral Form. The Form can be filled out on-line and submitted electronically, or printed and a hard copy sent to Jen Ghioda, IDP Manager, at 2702 Norland Avenue, Burnaby, BC, V5B 3A6, or faxed to 604.299.5921.
For Children and Youth:
Check out the information on our inclusive Child Care Centres, Out of School Care Centres, Youth Services, Transitional Services, Family Support and Respite.
If you are interested, please contact your local Ministry of Child and Family Development (MCFD) office to make arrangements for service provision.
If you want to begin to understand what we do at BACI, contact us at BACI Reception or 604.299.7856, to arrange for a tour. If you think that you or a loved one would like to come to BACI, contact your local Community Living BC (CLBC) office to arrange for funding or a referral.
How to Fill the Gaps
If you are not able to secure funding for all of the supports that you need, a few options are:
- BACI’s Community Kitchen programs or Outreach Classes. For more information, please email Ilona Kosciecha or call 604.299.7851.
- BACI’s Teen Program (for youth aged 13 – 19; not funded by MCFD, so open to all). Please email Kama Guezalova or call 604.299.7851 for more information.
- Local Parks and Recreation programs
- Down Syndrome Research Centre
- Canucks Autism Network
- Volunteer Burnaby
Useful links to other organizations.
- [Image]: http://gobaci.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Life-Stages.jpeg
- here: http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/spec_needs/idp_contacts.htm
- Referral Form: http://gobaci.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IDP-Referral-Form.pdf
- Out of School Care Centres: http://gobaci.com/what-we-offer/children-services/out-of-school/
- Youth Services: http://gobaci.com/what-we-offer/youth-services/
- Family Support: http://gobaci.com/what-we-offer/family-services/
- Respite: http://gobaci.com/what-we-offer/children-services/childrens-respite/
- Ministry of Child and Family Development (MCFD) office: http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/spec_needs/contacts.htm
- BACI Reception: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Living BC (CLBC) office: http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/spec_needs/contacts.htm
- Ilona Kosciecha: mailto:email@example.com
- Kama Guezalova: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Parks and Recreation programs: http://www.burnaby.ca/Our-City-Hall/City-Departments/Parks-Recreation-And-Cultural-Services.html
- Down Syndrome Research Centre: http://www.dsrf.org/programs-and-resources/
- Canucks Autism Network: http://canucksautism.ca/
- Volunteer Burnaby: http://volunteerburnaby.ca/volunteer
- other organizations: http://gobaci.com/about/links/
Source URL: http://gobaci.com/what-we-offer/how-to-access-services/