Our teen programs offer things to do, people to meet, and places to go in the Burnaby community.
By creating a safe, healthy and creative environment, BACI helps teens with disabilities to learn and grow, and build relationships with their peers.
Teen Program – Quick Facts:
- The program operates during the school year.
- Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from the program’s starting point.
For more information, please contact Heather Johnstone at 604.366.9434.
Summer Teen Program:
The Summer Teen Program offers cool, full-day adventures for youth with disabilities.
The program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), and is offered to teens aged 13 to 18 who live in Burnaby and New Westminster. Please note: all participants for this program must qualify through MCFD.
- This program operates 5 days per week during the summer months.
- It relies on public transit for the majority of activities. (Teens must have GoCards or bus passes.)
- Teens requiring 1:1 support must provide their own worker. (There is typically a ratio of 1 staff to 4 youth.)
- Registration is for full weeks only.
- Program fees are $60 per week
- Spaces are limited to 15 teens per day.
- Attendance is limited to 2-4 weeks per child, depending on program enrollment.
- Applications are not final until confirmation is received from BACI.
Each week of activities focuses on a special theme. Themes may include: Arts, Sports, History and Culture, Food Week, Action Week, Nature Week, Entertainment and Science week. Specific Activities could include: photography, tie-dyeing, bowling, go-karts, indoor rock climbing, canoeing, or visits to the BC Sports Hall of Fame, Police Museum, Splashdown Park, Playland ,etc.
At the end of the summer, we have a wrap-up event for friends and family to attend.