Wellness Domains – Emotional
by admin | January 3, 2012 7:55 pm
Learning how to focus on our emotional self is an important part of our overall wellness that we often overlook.
Emotional wellness involves achieving positive self-esteem, satisfying relationships, stress reduction, relaxation, and an ability to effectively meet life’s challenges.
I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character! – Theodore Roosevelt
Take 20 minutes a day for some relaxation and to focus on a positive attitude. Some ideas for activities to increase our emotional wellness:
- Listen to music
- Take time for yourself
- Take a break during your work day
- Take a bubble bath
- Find a piece of art that you love and place it where you can enjoy it the most
- Savour a sunset
- Read a book on humour
- Read a self-improvement book
- Express only positive comments for a whole day
- Read a book about health and wellness
- Watch the sun rise
- Start or continue keeping a journal
- Have fun learning about yourself: the web sites www.ivillage.com and www.emode.com have fun quirky quizzes that you will enjoy.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups
- Maintain your emotional health
- Coping with Stress
- Relaxation Techniques
- www.ivillage.com: http://www.ivillage.com
- www.emode.com: http://www.emode.com
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: http://www.bcpublicservice.ca/benefits/plan_details/efap.htm
- Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups: http://www.bcyukon-al-anon.org/
- Maintain your emotional health: http://www.cmha-rmd.com/stressa.html
- Coping with Stress: http://www.cmha.ca/english/coping_with_stress/18_tips.htm
- Relaxation Techniques: http://www.vcn.bc.ca/rmdcmha/stressa.html
Source URL: http://gobaci.com/participate/committees/employee-wellness-committee/wellness-domains-emotional/
Copyright ©2017 The Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion unless otherwise noted.
Click to listen highlighted text!